About This Policy
How we collect information
The main ways we collect information from you are:
- when you contact us to ask about a contract or permanent position
- when we deal with you as a current or potential supplier of products and/or services to us
- when we deal with you as a current or potential customer
- when you contact us for any other reason
We might collect information from you via emails, posted correspondence, or our website, or via any other method by which you choose to contact us.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously, or using a pseudonym. For example, if you contact us with a general question, we will not ask for your name unless we need it to adequately handle your question. However, for most of our functions and activities we usually need your name and contact information and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to effectively handle your inquiry, request or complaint.
Personal information we might collect and hold
As SCC is a specialist supplier of IT contractors, we usually collect the following types of information from you:
- private address and phone number(s)
- business address and phone number(s)
- email address (es)
- IP addresses
If you are a potential or current supplier of products and/or services, or a potential or current customer, we usually also collect the following types of information about you:
- details of conversations and meetings
If you are a contractor or employee, we usually also collect the following types of information from you:
- personal, referee and emergency contact details
- applications for employment and supporting documents
- employment contracts, and other records relating to terms and conditions of employment
- proof of Australian citizenship
- records relating to salary, employment benefits and leave
- medical certificates or health related information supplied by an employee or their medical practitioner
- taxation details
- banking information necessary to pay salary and wages
- superannuation contributions
- information relating to employees’ training and development
- information about an employee’s performance, including client feedback
- details of resignation or termination of employment
What we use the information for
We will only use the information you provide to us in the following ways:
Potential employees and contractors
- to assess those applicants for employment or contractual positions
Current employees and contractors
- to enable us to properly manage our business affairs and the employment of staff and engagement of contractors
Current and potential customers
- to supply products and services
- to administer our dealings and potential dealings with customers
- to market our products and services
Current and potential suppliers of products and service
- to administer SCC’s dealings and potential dealings with suppliers of products and/or services
People who contact SCC with requests for information
- to respond to those requests
- to contact the person with regard to future opportunities, should this be so requested by the person
People who contact SCC via email or the SCC website
- SCC's web servers gather your IP address to:
- help diagnose problems with our service
- administer our site
- gather broad demographic information
Demographic information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
How we store the information
SCC holds the personal information it receives in a secure environment, and restricts access to that information to a limited number of authorised people.
Our server computers are physically secure and all efforts are made to ensure that our network security is maintained to a very high level. However, it should be noted that no data transmission across any network, including the internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit across a network (including the internet). These activities are conducted at your own risk.
When no longer required, SCC destroys personal information in a secure manner, in accordance with the relevant legislation, including the Privacy Act.
As a general rule, SCC will not provide personal information to any third parties, other than for the purpose you provided it, except:
- to related companies of SCC (noting that SCC is now part of the Finite Group of companies, incorporating FinXL Professional Services Pty Ltd, FinXL Professional Services NZ Limited, Finite Group APAC Pty Ltd and Finite Group NZ Limited, with whom SCC may share your personal information, for the same kinds of purposes as listed above)
- to ensure continuity of service to another company if the supply of the product or service has been transferred to that company
- to third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the purposes mentioned above (e.g., external auditors, superannuation and training), but only if they satisfy SCC that they comply with the Privacy Act and other relevant privacy laws
- if it is otherwise permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law
- if SCC has your consent
- if SCC reasonably believes it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety, or a serious threat to public health and safety
- to protect SCC's rights or property
Disclosure of information overseas
SCC uses an overseas provider, DocuSign, for electronic signatures on its contracts. DocuSign is based in the United States of America. If you do not want to have your contract signed in this way, you can ask to sign your contract in a different manner. SCC may also share your information with Finite Group companies in New Zealand.
Security of your personal information
SCC takes reasonable steps to ensure we hold your personal information in a secure environment, accessed only by authorised people, for the purposes and processes described above. Our server computers are physically secure and all efforts are made to ensure that our network security is maintained to a very high level.
However, no data transmission across any network, including the internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit across a network (including the internet). These activities are conducted at your own risk.
Accessing information that SCC holds about you
To the extent to which you are entitled under the Privacy Act, and other applicable laws, you can access the personal information SCC holds about you by contacting us. Our contact details are below.
How to make a complaint
You can complain to us in writing about how we have handled your personal information. We will respond to the complaint within 30 days.
You can contact us at:
Telephone: (02) 6290 2800
Post: PO Box 1090, Woden ACT 2606, Australia